& GRAPHIC ARTIST
Position: Visual Development & Graphic Artist
Position Type: Full-time Employee
Start Date: Nov 28, 2023
Location: Vancouver, BC
VISUAL DEVELOPMENT & GRAPHIC ARTIST
Are you a versatile mid-level designer who loves a creative challenge and is comfortable seamlessly transitioning across various project types? Do you have a passion for all things media – animation, TV, Tik Tok and more? You could be a fit to join Wind Sun Sky Entertainment’s in-house design team, working full-time for our Vancouver office.
We are looking for an up-beat collaborator to help us create assets for amazing IP! This role is responsible for generating creative visual and typographical assets in a variety of styles to support everything from character and environment design, branding, social media, and even marketing needs in Production and Development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Creative explorations around shape, tone, mood, colour palette and textures to build out the visual language of various animated projects.
- Help bring the creator/ director’s vision to life in a way that connects visuals to the show’s theme.
- Propose ideas for characters, environments, props, and vehicles across various animated projects.
- Support in creating key frame visuals that illustrate how all elements come together in a scene.
- Collaborate with project teams working in a variety of styles, including 2D, 3D and mixed media.
- Collaborate on the creation of show style guides.
- Create eye-catching graphics that encapsulate the genre, tone, and feel of various animated projects.
- Support production with original graphic or motion graphic art.
- Create custom documents and PowerPoint presentations for creative pitches.
- Create logos and other branding elements for various shows in production and development.
- Collaborate on the creation of graphic design style guides.
- Produce creative, mixed-media social media content.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Strong drawing/digital painting skills.
- Experience designing for both 2D and 3D projects.
- Solid understanding of visual language (shape, colour, texture, scale, dimension, perspective, composition, spatial awareness).
- Experience with concept design, production art and graphic design
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Capacity to take on change with a solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
- Post-secondary degree in Art, Graphic Design, or related field.
- Blender skills are a bonus.
- Maya skills and/or experience creating special poses using 3D rigs are a plus!
Come be a part of our growing team!
Please submit a link to your portfolio in your resume or cover letter.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Work alongside storytellers, makers, and innovators as part of one of Vancouver’s leading multi-platform entertainment studios
- An amazing opportunity to build experience in all areas of cross-platform media and animation production
- Includes extended health care (dental, vision, etc.).
- Enjoy a fun, dynamic, fast paced environment with a great culture
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOU?
ARE YOU WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume via email to:
This position will be based on-site at our Vancouver studio. Current BC residents a must; must be a Canadian resident to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.