Position: VP Development/Content
Position Type: Full-Time (Remote)
Start Date: Est. January 9, 2023
Wind Sun Sky Entertainment is looking for an experienced VP Development/Content. This is a remote role.
We are a multi-format entertainment company focused on the intersection of stories and technology. We are looking for a seasoned content executive to join the team as VP Development/Content to oversee a diverse slate of live action, and animated properties for both series and film. The role requires a strategic thinker with a deep background in series who likes to roll-up their sleeves, sell, package, and collaborate with a wide variety of filmmakers on multiple projects from concept through completion.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Day-to-day running of the slate and development department/business
- Leading the slate’s strategic direction
- Drive Talent Outreach (writers/showrunners/directors) to help package properties
- Source properties through relationships with talent, agents, managers etc.
- Evaluate projects and determine how best to position them for the Canadian and global marketplace
- Establish and implement submissions and greenlight processes in collaboration with financing partner
- Manage and prioritize development team which includes a combination of full-time, remote, and contract team members
- Focus on scripted series with film secondary
- Run point on content partnerships
- Leverage relationships with buyers to sell, package, and finance projects
- Negotiate and run point on all deal structures in collaboration with COO
- Collaborate with analytics partners to assess material
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
You are an experienced executive with a deep understanding of the Canadian and Global television and film marketplace. You are a leader with vision who knows how to motivate teams and build positive relationships with talent, agents, managers, and content buyers. You handle pressure with grace and enjoy working across various projects at once. If you had to name your top super-power, it would be your ability to build relationships, identify marketable stories and your deep connections with domestic and international buyers.
Previous experience as a Production Executive is required.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOU?
ARE YOU WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume via email to:
This position will be remote. Open to experienced candidates across the country. Canadian residents preferred. Wind Sun Sky has implemented vaccination requirements to ensure the safety of all employees. Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for all Wind Sun Sky employees and proof of full vaccination is a condition of employment. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.