Position: Technical Assistant
An amazing opportunity for a recent post-secondary graduate to work as a technical assistant in a creative and innovative environment supporting the production of creator-driven original animated content. The ideal candidate for this position is a local recent graduate with a good technical mindset and experience coding in scripting languages for DCC (digital content creation) software.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support in the creation and maintenance of proprietary pipeline code repositories.
- Collaborate with team to develop technical workflow.
- Research tools and workflow designs that could support/influence the projects structure.
- Work closely with artists, production, and pipeline to flag areas of inefficiency and develop/implement new features.
- Provides technical workflow support as may be needed.
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Industry experience is an asset.
- Experience using production DCC software (Adobe After Effects/Animate/Photoshop, Autodesk Maya/Shotgun, Daz3d, Toon Boom Storyboard Pro, Unity, Unreal Engine).
- Experience with SCM tools such as Git, Subversion, or Perforce.
- Drive to succeed in a constantly-changing fast-paced environment.
- Passion for problem solving and collaboration.
- Enthusiastic about learning new technology.
- General knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and software design patterns.
- Knowledge of other programming languages, such as C# and C++.
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, i.e. Scrum.
- Previous experience working on animation/video game projects.
- Contribution to open source projects or tech-related events.
- Meet project and production deliverable schedules.
- Interpret, implement, and facilitate notes and feedback from stakeholders in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Fulfil all of duties in an efficient and diligent manner.
- Interact respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
- Maintain the highest level of professional conduct and confidentiality.
- Additional duties as requested.
Please submit your resume with cover letter via email to: email@example.com
Please include a cover letter to introduce yourself, and to let us know why you are the right candidate for the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.